Yankees are from Mars- Southerners are from Venus
I've always wanted to start a blog. I thought for months...heck, YEARS to try to figure out what I could write about.Then, I married a yankee.
I never realized the amount of pride I had in my home state, or in the south until I started dating Curtis. We have our own civil war within our home about once a week. No exaggeration. Our "civil wars" are not series of battles over anything of importance, but usually over our ideas of the way things are supposed to be "just because" and realizing that the other person has never done things that way....and isn't interested in starting now. It's hilarious....and actually become blog-worthy.
Food, traditions, words, sayings, childhood activities, holidays, family, image....you name it- I'm sure I'll touch on it at some point throughout this blog.
For you yanks out there: This blog is in no way intended to rag on yankees and all the weird, ridiculous things you do. Heck, I married Mr. Midwest after all. :) Maybe this can be my own personal form of therapy- and your dose of comedy. Enjoy............. y'all

No comments:
Post a Comment