Opposites Attract?
You know, when I started brainstorming about writing a blog I went through thousands of ideas. I kept wondering what made my life unique. There are millions of blogs on marriage, fashion, food, DIY projects, etc. I finally settled on the topic of mine and Curtis's cultural differences because I felt like that was pretty unique and I could take it in numerous different directions about all the topics I mentioned in the last post; food, family, traditions, etc. (Side note: If you know of some other chick out there writing about life with her Yankee husband, PLEASE by all means point me in her direction. I need as many allies as possible)
I do think Curtis and I are opposites in a lot of ways (no worries- you'll hear all about it) and maybe we have a few things in common. BUT, when I really started to think about it, aren't all couples for the most part opposites? There always needs to be one person that takes the lead, one person who is the clean freak, one who is the disciplinarian with the kids, etc. I would genuinely like to know: Is there really some couple out there that is extreeeeemely similar? Two clean freaks? Or even worse, two slobs? Two OCD people? Two introverts? To be honest, I can't think of one thing that Curtis and I are extremely similar with, except for the fact of neither of us ever giving up in an argument- HA! Oh geez...
I'm truly wondering which would be more of a disaster. Two opposites or two extremely alike? Don't get me wrong, you're still going to enjoy reading the ridiculousness of our opposition, but I'm interested to hear about your marriage, relationship, friendship. Come on now, don't be shy!

No comments:
Post a Comment